Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Christmas In July

I am always so busy...full of things I need to do, or to attend...that often I miss out on my favorites. So, this year, I decided to celebrate Christmas in July...

I needed to finish Kaylee's stocking, so I gave myself a nightly quota of 30 minutes. It worked and now I am proceeding onto the next THREE stockings...two for future grandbabies and one for a future spouse...perhaps...

I baked sugar cookies for the missionaries that came to our house for dinner...
While Kaylee played, I put "The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown", "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" and "Charlie Brown Christmas" on the tv.

I think she liked her apple slice much more!

(I had a similar response to "Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer". She was not really a fan of Hermie, and wasn't terribly fearful of the Abominable Snow Monster. What??? That was the most fearsome thing I had EVER seen for at least the first eight years of my life!

I painted my ornaments...got them all done...however, no photos are available till after Christmas. The scripture I used on one of them, to make them "Wilkin' Jesse Tree Worthy" was Ether 9:19 in the Book of Mormon. Look it up and see if you can figure it out...

I didn't get to see "The Santa Claus: 1, 2, and 3" in order...so Christmas In July is expanding to August, though I won't make Kaylee suffer...only Dee!

No comments: