Monday, June 16, 2014

Week of June 9 - 15, 2014

Funny...I think I used to be creative about these weeks...find a theme, etc. but now they just seem to go and go.

Monday - Sunday night we came home to Dee's favorite treat: a gift from Nate and Jessica...
Originally, there were five, but these are the only two that managed to survive for a picture!
Kaylee came and we tried to create a new routine. We used to eat and either play outside or stroll, but its so hot now. We did try to play in the sand, but as kids age, they change, and she didn't like the feel of the sand on her fingers. We finally decided to try out swimming, and she did pretty well, though my old body thought it was pretty cold. We swam for about a half an hour.


She likes swimming, but has definite limits, i.e. where you are permitted to swim in the pool, and she says a loud and firm "no" if you exceed those bounds. We tried breakfast at Grammy's new porch table, and she did eat some, but not much of anything. She was pretty interested in visiting Papa in the office, though he was busy with a project and paperwork for the project.
Yogurt and peaches for after swim snack

I was washing dishes and she wanted to play with bubbles. She had a blast

 I found out Nate was working in Tucson with his new father in law's plumbing company doing vacuum lines for U of A through Wednesday. I bet he was happy to be working. We swam with Papa after his work day was complete and she had a good time.  When Cam came to get Kaylee, she literally ran out the front door and wanted no more of us. She was done with the old folks. I sure hope I can hit on some kind of routine that she likes. Today was  obviously not a success, at least in her eyes.

Dee spent the time after eating Taco Soup (deemed awesome) blowing the yard with the blower he borrowed from Ethan and stores here and uses all of the time. I know that if I die, he will be happy as long as that blower is here...our supply of weeds/needles/leaves is eternal.

Tuesday - Kaylee started her day here swimming, but we only swam once. As I said, she has limits. We tasted grapes from the grapevines and she thought that was pretty good…and it's hard for me to discover healthy things she likes (though "chokit?" aka my dark chocolate chips are good for the heart). She took a wonderfully rare 2 and a half hour nap. During nap time, I sit by her on the couch and work on Christmas stockings. I am now busy with Jessica's. Kaylee didn't run out the door when Daddy came and Ethan spent some very frustrating time trying to get our ancient computer to sign them up for the deer hunts. He finally left to try it at his house.

Wednesday- Dee had many meetings, so he left early. Nathan finished his work with his father in law in Tucson a day early, so he was here ready to work on his truck. He asked what Dad wanted for Fathers' Day and I told him the only thing was to have that palm tree that was getting too tall cut down. I figured that would be that, but he was excited to do it…and he worked and sawed and hauled and chopped…

And she finally came down.




Dad and I hauled a trailer full of fronds and those sweet smelling, very messy flower/seed monsters out. After a fun day with Kaylee swimming, playing, feeding chick chicks, and all, I was literally dead. I watched the newest episode of Duck Dynasty in my robe, took my bath, cleaned a bit, and crashed into bed.

Thursday - Typical Thursday, without swimming. Kaylee was not as enthralled with it every day. We just played in the yard, under the tree, in the shade. I checked the mailbox and found a gift for Dee from Amber, Doran, Kelsie and Kooper:
It looks great on our wall! Thank you so much...and again, Amber...perfect!

Friday - Kaylee didn't want to swim, again...so we played indoors. Dee's supervisor, Klemens Raab, came out to see him...and ended up assigning him the suppliers in Utah...as well as the ones he currently has! Lots of extra work for him, but he gets to travel one week a month, which means I will be able to go with him sometimes. Our freezer emptying quest continued, with Dee cooking ribs and making more jerky.

 



Saturday - I woke up too early, jogged and then worked in the yard. I even got to take some pictures of what we have growing on...
Sunflowers are looking pretty good. Zinnias, on the other hand, are having a struggle...

I have hauled and hauled to the trailer. I figure, that until it's done, an organized mess is better than a disorganized mess!



We went to a few yard sales. I did find a few books for Adam and Grace. Nate had asked for help on his truck, and so Dee spent the day helping with a hood. Nate discovered the one he had worked on for days was not going to work, so he went back to his old one. Now he has 2 sanded hoods, ready for priming next week.

We headed to Ethan and Cameos, and joined with Wade and Liz for a Father's Day dinner and movie. Cameo made some awesome Tomato Round Steak, using the Elk Back straps from Ethan's elk. I brought some of the remaining cabbage salad, and she made peanut butter stove top cookies. We then watched "Nemo" with Kaylee, who was in and out and all over the place, as a typical 17 month old should be.

Then, came gift time...which was already way too much. Cameo made these, with help of Miss Kaylee, for Daddy, Papa, and Grampy...I don't know how she did it...and then are so adorable!!!

Sunday - I kept waking up all night with numb arms...sleeping wrong...and finally woke up late. I ran out to water sunflowers, let the chickens out, and got ready and headed to church. Yep, no Father's Day breakfast for dad. We had wonderful talks, one from a wonderful man in our ward who was in a terrible helicopter crash two years ago that should have taken his life, but he recognized the Lord's hand in all things, protecting him, providing for him, and even though he is in a wheelchair, he is with us. Father's Day in our ward means the women bring in pies and the men eat during their Priesthood Meeting. Dee ended up having two pieces: one blueberry and one cherry. (See...it was good of me to make him no breakfast so he would have plenty of room!). I made him a great salad for lunch. While I blogged in the afternoon, I got a wonderful call from Joshy (I sure do love getting calls from my Punky Monkey!) and got to talk to Adam and to Grace...and Grace sang part of her talent show song to me...so fun!

Dee had requested Clam Chowder for dinner, and while he napped in the chair, I made it for him.




The evening was filled with visits from Nate and Jess, a call from Doran, a sweet facebook message from Allison, and gifts from Kayty.





When Dee got into bed, he deemed it a wonderful Father's Day! Perfect for a wonderful father!

No comments: