Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Week of January 13-16, 2019

Highlights:
Last Saturday, I sat in a pretty empty bounce house with Ellie. She tried to walk a bit, but every move sent her toppling. The same thing happened to me. Everytime I thought I had a grip on my balance, I would lose it. Sunday, on the way home from church, Dad and I decided that this year has begun as the year of the Bounce House. Every time you feel you have succeeded in adjusting, you are toppled over by something else unplanned and out of your control. Thus continues the Year of the Bounce House.

Spiritual
Good Sunday, but still seemed rushed, though Relief Society was pretty normal. My cub committee meeting was cancelled at the last minute...something about combining our pack with another wards...and yet another confusing, unsettling event. After the new deacons were ordained and set apart, Dad was told he had five minutes to teach a lesson...and he did so, until one of the boys reminded him he had thirty more minutes to teach. He was blessed with inspiration to fill the extra time, but it too was unsettling. It was a quiet Sunday, though, with family and rest.

Family

The Wilkins Family
Happy 5th Birthday, Sam on Sunday! We love you so much!!



The Ethan Rice Family
Ethan, Cameo and family had a good week. Cameo was preparing for Kaylee's 100th day of school on Friday, plus future fun. 

The Doran Rice Family
Happy 5th Birthday to Kooper on Sunday. They spent the rest of their weekend recovering from the awesome birthday party on Saturday.

Morgan
Morgan, Aimee and Emileigh are doing well.

Kayty
Kayty worked a full three days and is busy there. She attended church with us on Sunday. It was nice to have her in relief society. No lows so far. 



The Nathan Rice Family
Sunday was good. I neglected to share last week that Anna started into Junior Primary and is now a Sunbeam. She is still a bit nervous but likes her Sunbeam class, especially Lucy Anderson. Lucy wears cute necklaces that Anna loves, especially the cupcake necklace.

We had some great weather.




Happy 26th birthday, Nathan on Monday. 









Dad's Garden
We had rain this week and the garden is thriving. 

Other highlights
I have acquired my dad's ceramic pieces he created in high school when he attended Phoenix Union High School. I took pics so there would be a record.


















No comments: