Friday, May 2, 2008

To Continue My Entry Below: The Ride Home Was Just As "Interesting"

Not that my morning drive was in any way run of the mill, my two sweet youngest children put forth every effort to make our drive home today just as interesting as our drive to school. I was favored with Kate's recitation of the "Burp Alphabet" though she shared, with much dismay, that she can only get up to "N". Alas, what a loss for the other twelve letters!! Then, it was Nathan begging me to stop the car. When I looked in the back seat, he had a gallon jug of water poised over his sister's head, just waiting for the "accidental" spill. Fortunately, that crisis was averted by me, or else all would have been favored with "the scream heard round the world!" Now, mind you, these two are ages 17 and 15. I have often found myself smiling at hearing my older daughter's trials while grocery shopping with a 21 month old and an almost 5 year old. I try to remember back when I was taking four little ones under the age of 4 shopping, but nothing comes to mind. They all must have been pretty good at shopping, or my brain has truly fried. Anyway, my younger two are now becoming just as interesting to shop with as my grandkids. It is quite a sad tale when you are standing at the checkout, after just running your debit card through the machine, and then having to say to your 17 year old, "No, Kate, don't push any of those buttons," and "No, Kate, don't touch!)Allison, I sure hope little Grace does not continue to follow in Aunt Kate's footsteps, or I fear you are doomed!!

1 comment:

the W* family said...

So funny. We miss you guys! Adam's official favorite story now is, "Tell me about when Kaity embarrassed Nathan at school." He LOVES hearing about his aunts and uncles being 'naughty.'