Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

Kids get older...fewer live at home...so Halloween traditions have to, lets say, "evolve". This group doesn't get excited about much. My meals during the week: we had Frog's Eye Spaghetti (add olives to your spaghetti sauce) on Monday, homemade "Blood Soup" (tomato) and grilled cheese sandwiches on Tuesday, (sorry, no pics. It seems that every time I take the time to picture the meal I prepare, they don't like it. No pics is better luck on dining happiness!)Friday, my mom came by and we ate "Dinner In A Pumpkin"...still trying to eat up the leftovers on that (in my children's defense, Nathan had his last football game, Kayty worked till midnight at Party City..."Dinner in a Pumpkin" is much better fresh from the oven). BUT, they did carve pumpkins...albeit, at their own pace, on their own time schedule, but they DID it.



First, Dee and I went to Doran and Danyel's for Family Game/Movie Night on Thursday. (football practice and Party City kept youngest two busy and away, and Ethan was just getting back from a business trip to Atlanta). We carved our pumpkin, and then watched Charlie Brown...that Linus patiently waiting in the pumpkin patch...I just LOVE him! I brought Green Chili Burro Dip (they loved it, so no pics!)and Danyel made yummy cupcakes!
Saturday morning, Kayty woke up bright an early (11 A.M.) and set out to carving hers. She started with a skull (typical Kayty) but the pattern was messed up, so she carved a ghost. Alas, the only pictures I got were of the completed pumpkin! Had I even attempted to snap a shot, I fear the skeleton would have looked better than I would have!

Saturday afternoon, Nate and his sweet Jessica carved their pumpkin...Mario...with their initials carved as well!

The bonus to this all is that we don't have a garbage can full of pumpkins...the chickens just LOVE pumpkin! (sorry, no pics...I can't get them to pose for me either!)

No comments: