Friday, November 26, 2010

Fun for the Day, and Temple Lights At Night

When we go visit the grandbabies, Allison is so wonderful about planning things that are fun to do. We have seen some of the best parks. We have been to their favorite library. It's fun for us to see what they do for fun, and we get to have a great time too. So, when we had our next day with them, we wanted to have time at home to play, and also do something fun.

Some fun things we did here at Papa and Grammy's house:

Grace and Grammy had a puppet show. The best part, singing the song "I Know That My Savior Loves Me" with her!!! (The following Sunday at church, I got to lead the opening/closing music. Heidi had selected that song for the opening, and the closing. I didn't get through it once without crying...such a great song, and to sing it with my granddaughter...heaven!) She and I had a fun time, even though we only had a few puppets, and a zebra came and attacked us! Next yard sale quest: puppets, and then to sew something to make a theater.

 Adam and his Zebra attack by ground.

 Then came the Air Attack by baby Joshy, assisted by Uncle Doran.


Joshy riding on his new birthday toy.




Dinner...no pics, but I made ham and sweet potatoes, just like Grampa Ethan (Allison's favorite) used to make on new years.

I had originally planned on going to Glendale Glitters, a fun celebration in downtown Glendale during which they light the main street area. I had never been, so it sounded fun. We could get a shuttle and go a few miles down. Then, we had a cold spell. (Now, I know it's not cold like Denver or anything, but it was chilly for here!) I was worried babies would get cold and we would have to wait for a shuttle. So, we decided to go out to Mesa and visit the temple. They decorate the whole outside area with lights and they were going to light it that night. We piled into our van, drove and picked up Dorrie, Cam and Liz, and trekked out to there. We arrived just in the nick of time, and were there for the initial lighting. They were beautiful, and we got to take our time and look at everything.
All of us in the van




 Grace and Aunt Danyel made homemade chocolate chip cookies for a treat for all of us. They were so yummy!
 The whole group.









Doesn't Nathan take a "lovely" picture! Thank goodness Jessica is so lovely and is the focal point.

Highlights for adults: lights, temple, visitor's center, hot cocoa
Highlights for kids: lights, trailer potty's, hot cocoa

Son Doran is a photographer, and I gave him the camera, since it was HIS lens that could capture great pics in the dark. He did a great job, though I had to explain that I don't take any scenery pics ever! People have to be in pics in my book! He is an artist, and a lover of lights...I'm just a pic taker!

It was great to all be together and kick off our holiday season.

1 comment:

Heather said...

How fun! I love that you did a puppet show! That must have been so fun for the kids and everyone!

Glad you got to go to the Temple lights! I love to see the lights every year! I need to get down there and see them this year.