Friday, December 10, 2010

Find Your Passion

Went to another superb Glendale Community College Choir Concert last night. So enjoyed the beautiful music. The bells. The songs...so many ones referring to the birth of the Savior (something so rare at a public institution). Goosebumps. Tears. Proud parents and grandparents. So glad we went.

 Dr. Kreigel told them to wear all black with a "splash of green". Well, Kayty felt her hair needed to take that splash. Yep, it's green. All Dr. Kreigel could do was smile when he saw her on Monday. I guess he's just decided to accept.

 GCC Jazz Choir
 GCC Community Choir
Kayty isn't in this choir (meets at night and she has to work) but she led the handbell choir, including arranging and writing some new parts for the group, so she took a few nights off.

 GCC  Concert Choir


This could end here, but I see more, and, of course, I comment. I watched our daughter sing her heart out.

I watched her come alive.

I saw someone...19 years of age...doing what she LOVES! She literally is a different person when she is on stage, singing. She has found...her PASSION.
 GCC Chorale A Capella Choir

 Sweet hubby took the pics while I ran Kayty's camera recording the songs, so the pictures...well, not much close up on the "passion" like I sometimes get. Really, she sings, she smiles, she dances, she is just soooo different when she can sing!

I am jealous! I haven't found mine. Or, maybe I have too much to do to pursue my passion-quest.

Did I ever have a passion? I don't really remember. I always wanted to be a mom. I have six beautiful, awesome, and amazing children who pursue their dreams and passions. I love being a mom. So, maybe that was my passion. Not that I don't love my kiddos...but, I was thinking, as I was making my hubby's eggs this morning, that in one year...youngest may be readying to serve a church mission. This passionate singer will be away at NAU. We will literally have an empty nest, so to speak, by January, 2012. Mom has turned from spending time reading with them and watching their games and dancing lessons...to spending my mom time in prayer for each of them: that one will get the job he has been seeking, that one will get a chance to live closer to family, that one will find a new career that he loves, that one will be safe...on and on... Now, I am a praying mom. So the Mom passion has evolved...

So, I have been seeking something...to be passionate about...to drive me. So much to learn...And me...from my kids...watch, and learn...hoping to find what they already have!


2 comments:

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

I just saw that you started following my bog, Daisy dot design...I am curious to see the different people that choose to follow along. Just wanted to say that even though I'm at the beginning of the journey you have pursued, my mom and dad are in the same boat with my youngest sibling serving a mission in Atlanta GA. I'm sure that my mom has become more of a praying mom too, once that's all you can do for you kids!!
Thanks for sharing this, I'msure you're so proud of your kids. Keep up the greatest work!! Being a MOM!!
Jessica C

Heather said...

I love your passion about being a mom! I too have that passion! I have always wanted to be a mom! And I am now and I love that I stay home with my little sweetheart!

You can feel your passion for your kids in your blog! I love that you share that passion with us!

I love the green hair, how fun!! Hehe!