Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy July Birthday for Jessica and Mom

Jessica, as you have probably noticed,  is just part of our family now. Heck, any girl that can survive Game Night a la Rice at Ethan's House qualifies to bypass Marine Boot Camp. Her birthday is July 9th, and Mom's is July 4th. So, Mom made her favorite Texas Sheet Cake, with tons of walnuts in the frosting (she always doubles the frosting recipe for snitchers). Nathan, all by himself, made a four layer red velvet cake with chocolate buttercream frosting for Jessica. He did such a great job. We had so much fun, even though the Rice girls couldn't be there (Allison, et al in Vegas and Kayty had a choir party). We missed them so much.

Mom's Texas Sheet Cake...with 5 sparklers

Nate's 4 layer red velvet cake with 18 candles for Jessica

Grandma and Jessica wait for everyone to arrive.

Mom's sparklers lit by Nathan, Doran, Ethan, and Morgan

Nano takes a picture of Ethan and Cameo

Happy Birthday to Us!

Blowing out candles...Jessica had more, but her lungs were better. Plus, how DOES one blow out sparklers.

My new ornament for my patriotic tree...a bear on a bell.

These roses from Ethan and Cameo can be planted in my flower bed...when the temps drop below 500 degrees...

Eating my very favorite Sees Nut and Chew. Don't know its name, but it's awesome!

It was quite an effort to get us to be with the right partner AND get the flash to work...and the best pic ended up being one we didn't know Dad was taking! Go figure!!!
P.S. Thank you ALL for the most awesome birthday ever...Heck, they just get better and better. I was with/facebooked all of my kids, had fun, did what I wanted - almost (didn't ever get to my oh so behind scrapbook), ran 3 miles AND hiked with Daddy aka Grumpy (he was rather grumbly on the way up, and his knees really hurt on the way down. He did have pleasant memories...after the ibuprofin kicked in.), ate yummy chocolate, got lovely balloons, cards, gum, money, a hair cut (thanks Nate), my wonderful spice shelves, a green lion crayon, a cool blinking flag pin, lovely flowers, a great ornament for my patriotic Christmas tree, a green key ring, and even a green pipe cleaner s n a k e (blech!) (Adam, I do love that you made me a snake and it will go in a very special place in my craft/laundry room, right where I can see him all of the time and think about you and how my heart is beating fast and that I am scared to death...uh oh...got off task. Thank you for making me feel so very loved every single day, with every single act and word.

No comments: