Saturday, September 22, 2012

Grammy, Uncle Ethan, and Aunt Cameo Go to Vegas

Every Latter Day Saint ward Primary learns songs and lessons throughout the year, and then shares those songs in a Primary Program during Sacrament Meeting in September or October. Ethan and Cameo offered to take Papa and Grammy...but after Papa went to Mexicali, he came down with a cold, and couldn't go. Sad Face! Ethan and Cam still took me...so very glad. Lovely car...lovely company...and great time!

At Adam's first school football game

Uncle Ethan's Iphone kept the cheerleader busy!



They didn't have their uniforms yet...first game and all...Adam is in the light blue shirt , tan shorts, black shoes







After the game...we stopped to slide...

and then take a quick run through the water park...it was pretty warm !




Adam: waiting for the bucket...

...it's coming...

Soaked!

Just missed Grace!

Joshy made Grammy's hands soooooo pretty!


Mommy went to get Daddy and get pizza for Pizza Night...so, Uncle Ethan  kept the kids occupied. 


No walls were harmed in the playing of this basketball game.


Reading with Adam before the movie...

We sent this pretty pic of Grace and Hannah in their new outfits. It made Papa feel sooo much better!
The Primary Program was so wonderful. The theme for this year was "Choose The Right" and they sang and spoke about the importance of making good choices. It's so wonderful for them to learn at such a young age that we are given the opportunity to choose, but we must be aware that choices have consequences, both good and bad. So many special moments, but nothing more spiritual and touching than hearing the children sing "If the Savior Stood Beside Me".

The words:
If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example? Would I live more righteously,
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind if He were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more reverently
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me, would my thoughts be clean and pure?
Would His presence give me strength and hope, and courage to endure?
Would His counsel guide my actions? Would I choose more worthily
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

He is always near me, though I do not see Him there
And because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care
So I'll be the kind of person that I know I'd like to be
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me. 


Here it is on YouTube:


It is truly heaven on earth to watch your sweet, beloved grandchildren singing this. And to sit by a sweet grandson who won't be old enough for Primary till January...giving Cam, and Ethan, and I...the "cheese touch" (from "Diary of A Wimpy Kid" - it's what we used to call "cooties" in the old days, though you cross your fingers for protection...a "CP" on your hand won't help you with this)

Ethan got us safely home, right in time for Elder Rice mail! Thank you Ethan and Cam...I couldn't have been there without you!!!

No comments: