Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sidetracked!

What is with me? On a normal day/night, I awaken at 3am, exercise, run, get hubby's clothes out, wake him up, pack his lunch (save your lectures, dearies...he works outside the home supporting all of us on one income, so I try to make him feel great before he faces the world!) and on and on. I am a morning person, so shopping, cleaning, laundry, meal prep is done then. Unfortunately, I am married to a "later in the day"/night person. So, we go to bed at 11 or 11:30 (whenever I become unconscious). This is sometimes frustrating to my sweetheart, whom is often carrying on a conversation with me when I lapse into my coma. I try and try, and usually am very tired...till Sunday...my fav day, for I don't run or exercise, and I get to SLEEP!

So, when hubby is out of town, like last night, I look forward to an early bedtime, later awakening, and leisurely day. So, last night, I cleaned, vacuumed, dusted, and scrubbed. I saved the back half of the house for today (Nate and Dad are camping...no use cleaning for grubby, dirty, smokey smelling men to enter and shower/bathe) So, I was ready for bed...just had to put something away in my drawer...oh, my ...I should just clean this one little drawer out...so, done, and then I saw my sock drawer...and then my cupboard with my jewelry, painting clothes, band hats, flute and piccolo (I get them out once a year for the parade!)...which led to that cupboard, and Dee's goody cupboard being cleaned. Now, it's almost midnight! Off to bed...awake at 2:30...would love to put some paint on the wall-painting my room a little at a time...no, go back to sleep Suzzy!...alarm rings at 3:45...snooze...wake up call for Dee at 5...start sit ups...second wake up call for Dee...see nightstand drawer...clean out all those flashlights...take them out to the garage and climb up on removed van seats to get them in a box in his hunting cabinet...do my crunches...clean out closet of wrapping paper and boxes and put them in entry Christmas closet...do leg lifts...some, then out to take the recurve bow and the extra suitcases to the garage. Also put the real estate agent brief case out in office...not much use for that lately!!! then a few more exercises...then I need batteries for the computer keyboard...stop...start....clean...put away...Oh, the sun is coming up...go hike, stop at a yard sale...check the computer...change out of exercise clothing...laundry...and here I am...no extra sleep, but tons of stuff done! And the house looks pretty darned good! And now, I want to paint...but Danyel may want to come and hike while Doran plays golf! How did I get here...I am very happy...lots done, lots organized...lots put away... I guess it might be good to be sidetracked.

No comments: