Monday, January 4, 2010

So Glad It's Over!

Just finished taking down, wrapping, organizing, boxing, and putting away Christmas, and I am so glad it's over! I have spent my share of the last few days Facebook Complaining over my plight: tired from running and marching in a parade. I did a lot, and did it pretty fast, and my attic looks rather lovely, if I do say so myself. My sister read my complaints, though, and got the impression that I didn't like what I did, what I was doing, and gave me suggestions that she does...not putting so much up, only every other box of decorations, etc. I was so surprised, not at her offer to ease my burden, but that my attitude had portrayed such negativity! I LOVE Christmas!!! I LOVE the decorations!!! I LOVE the music. I LOVE everything!!! And, as I thought about being glad it's done, what else in our lives are "Glad It's Over" moments that we truly love!

First, is, of course, holidays, like Christmas. I take over a week...that is 6 days...to put everything up. I dread getting the boxes down, getting the trees out for my village, pulling everything out and taking down the "regular" stuff...but, oh, how I love to sit in the light of my beautiful Christmas trees. I get up early to run, and there is nothing better than a fully decorated kitchen, lit only by a nightlight, as I go out the door. So glad it's over, but so glad I did it. That also goes for the stockings, the gifts...I start Dec. 26 looking for bargains...I already have 6 or 7 stockings under way...and one done...for next year. I love to look for deals, for good ideas...So glad it's over when presents are wrapped and given, but so happy my work made so many sooooo happy!

How about Kayty's concerts...she practices songs for hours and hours and hours. Our house is literally filled with music. And then, the concert exceeds all expectations. So glad it's over, but so glad so many talented people gave their all for the enjoyment of all.

How about Nathan's football...hours and days and weeks of running and weight lifting, memorizing plays, practicing in 116 degree heat...homework done when they are exhausted. Then, they play against a rough opponent...and they win! So glad it's over, but so glad we got to enjoy every down, every play, every touchdown.

How about my little Joshua...Allison watched her food, her drink, her blood pressure, her activities. She went to the doctors...two, twice a week at the end. I am sure she was sore and tired and worried and restless. She couldn't sleep. She couldn't get her shoes on at the end. Then, Joshua was born...a perfect little baby. So glad it's over, but so very glad we were blessed with this new little boy to love and pray for and just enjoy.

So, yes, I AM so glad it's over...but I wouldn't trade every single ornament, every single piece of tissue paper, every single pine needle, every single Christmas cookie, every single gingerbread house, every single gift, every single stocking for any thing anywhere. They are my treasures...and I am so glad I get to do it, love it, and put in away, so I can again question, work, complain, put up, take down, complain...and feel the happiest I can feel! So very, very glad!

No comments: