Friday, April 16, 2010

I Did It!


I love to make, to create, to organize, to fix up...and I do get to...every once in awhile. However, I never put anything about it on my blog, due to the fact that I never have my camera ready. So, after Easter, I decided to leave my camera out (I have just made my photographer son, Doran, faint. Yep, my camera is out, Arizona dust and all. Doran, I DO have the lens cap on, if that makes it any easier!) So, thanks to Manuela over at The Pleasures Of Homemaking, I did it! The hardest part: the coffee filters! Me, a Mormon, non-coffee drinker, had no idea WHERE to look for coffee filters in WalMart. I did have white ones from the dollar store, but white doesn't really "go" with anything here. I asked Manuela how to dye coffee filters...great idea, but didn't make it sound like a quick option, and I need quick right now...too many duties pull me away from fun things! So, here she is...and I think I might do another one...smaller though...this one ended up taking over 360 filters. I guess it's one of those "mom of 6" issues...if a little cardboard circle wreath base is good, a bigger one is even better! Next time, minimalist!

1 comment:

Danyel said...

Its beautiful. Maybe one day I will make one.