Saturday, April 24, 2010

Taking a Moment...To Thank My Heavenly Father

Today...this week...what a whirlwind of activity, culminating with today. I will post pictures, and give details in the days ahead, but I would be so very ungrateful if I did not take this blessed opportunity to offer thanks to my Heavenly Father...for days like today. We were able to go to the temple, to witness the sealing, for time and all eternity, of our dear Doran, and his precious Danyel. Outside, a son, who had come from working a very early shift, his dear sweet wife, my daughter and son, kept my sweet grandbabies safe, well cared for, and very, very happy, so we never had to think twice. I was there with my sweetheart of 30 years, in the same place, and at the same time, we had been exactly 30 years ago. Today, I got to snuggle, to hug, to dress, to build in the sand, to play basketball...to sing "There Was A Grammy Had A Girl and Gracie Was Her Name-o..." while I was chewing on sweet baby feet and making the absolutely most adorable 4 month old smile and giggle. I watched one son prepare for his first prom, with the tuxedo from one brother, while another brother spent over an hour polishing and polishing old black dress shoes. That tuxedo lending brother and his wife will chauffeur that sweet couple to and from their first prom tonight, and then that ever so tired brother, who got so little sleep, will go home...and hopefully rest. You know, my sweet wonderful family...my kids...ALL OF THEM...no matter what the do, no matter what choices they make, no matter where they are on the continuum of choices...I love them with all of my heart...with every single fiber of my being. They talked, they laughed, they loved! I just want to thank my dear sweet and very loving Heavenly Father, for wonderful, special, and always remembered days...like today...They make all the other not so great days just a forgotten happenstance. Today, I witnessed what every mom dreams of...Thank you, Thank you! Thank you!

4 comments:

More News at the Funny Farm said...

I am so glad it was a super wonderful absolutely terrific DAY!
Love, Sharynn

The Willeyes said...

Beautiful post Suzzy! Aren't the sweet tender mercies you receive from a loving Father in Heaven such a wonderful blessing in our lives :)

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh, Melanie, you are so very right. I remember so well that talk by Elder Bednar about tender mercies. This was, indeed, one of those days! There was only one son missing from all, and we pray it is due to him getting a job and settled. So thankful for days like today...I will never, ever forget!

nest of posies said...

just wanted to thank you for your kind words you left on remodelaholic blog about my craft room!
it made me smile just reading it!

so thank you!
kellie