Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Random Dozen



1. Define a great relationship.
Hmmmm. A great relationship: one where the efforts of each person are focused on serving the other...and both putting the Savior first! I used to tell my kids that, when we focus only on our own needs, we get one person working in our behalf. However, when we focus on the needs of others, and others are doing the same for us, we get the efforts of many helping us! Any relationship can be happy and successful, where selfishness is banished!

2. Why is it called a "drive-through" if you have to stop? (Real question: What was the last food/drink you purchased at a drive-through?) I don't do fast food...at all...ever...but I did take Nate on the way home from school on a Friday to Taco Bell to get a 5 layer burrito and a crunch wrap supreme.

3. As I type this, the Butler Bulldogs are getting ready to play in the NCAA championship game. Every Hoosier is hysterical about this except me. So in honor of the Bulldogs ... what is your favorite breed of dog? (I tried.) Sorry, not a dog fan. Hey...not an animal fan, though I really would like to replace our "stolen" chickens...they were fun taking my kitchen scraps to...and Martha Stewart makes them look so fun!

4. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move?
Well, there are two. The first state would be Nevada, so I could be right by my sweet grandbabies! My granddaughter sees a car like ours near her apartment and she thinks Papa and I live there, but we just don't come over (so sad!) I would be there all the time...holding Joshua, watching Grace dance, seeing Adam's first grade presentations. (Poor Allison!) Other than that, the Southern States appeal to me...Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina...so green!

5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I really think I had/have great parents who did their very best. They taught me right from wrong, they were at my ball games and my band concerts, Mom sewed for me, Dad made me playhouses, doll houses. They weren't perfect, and no one is. I know they love me, and that's all that matters.

6. Who's the funniest person you know?
Well, there are a lots. Sometimes, my Kayty just cracks me up. The other day we were talking about how people in the military can fly for free. Danyel explained the seat orientation on a cargo plane. Kayty misunderstood and thought that meant they flew on the OUTSIDE of the plane...the picture in my mind of men and women holding on to a wing or strapped to the outside of the fuselage still makes me laugh. My granddaughter also makes me laugh...all the time. Her latest trick is to put one of Mommy's yummy cookies on baby brother's tummy and then eat one as he strains to see what smells sooooo good. She is so funny!

7. Did you get enough sleep last night?
No...and I never do. I am a morning person married to a night person...nuff said!

8. What's the first thing you thought about this morning?
After snoozing the alarm at 3am and 3:05 am and 3:10 am...wondered if hubby was still had a sick tummy, and then thought about the exercises I was doing and how windy it was outside...I hate running in the wind!

9. Grilled or Fried? --HONESTLY
I really love grilled...veggies, chicken, fish! I am not a fried fan...never liked French fries, or donuts, or anything like that.

10. Are you afraid of the dark?
I like to be up very early, so early dark is great! Late dark...not afraid, just tired!

11.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a mom!

12. If you had one word to describe yourself , what would you choose?
It says "choose" and I would want to be "content". However, right now...I would say "lacking"

No comments: