Saturday, April 23, 2011

Just Felt Like I Needed To Say...

It's late on Saturday night. My sweet hubby was supposed to be home in about an hour, but the party he is disc jockeying for loves him, and so he will be gone four more hours. I am pouting, a bit, but then, again, I really feel like I need to say this...

I talked to a friend tonight, after a wonderful super marvelous heaven-sent day with my Phoenix kids. It was one of those "make sure you remember every detail of today, put it in a box, and then pull it out when you have a really crummy one". I love watching my boys be brothers. I love spending time with Kayty...just her and I...Again...heaven sent. When the big kids left, I returned a call. She is facing a brave fight against cancer...again. She is amazing. She is an amazing mother. She is smart and strong. She is one of those people I would like to be like, and I am so glad she called looking for a disc jockey in December, because reuniting after so many years has blessed my life so very much.

After we finished talking, I took a quick run. Now, I know I run because I sometimes eat too much layered bean dip and a few jelly beans, and I need to wear it off, but always, when I run, I get to think, and those thoughts often turn to prayers, and it is then I gain such inspiration. Running is more than just exercise for me. While I was out, I was thinking about her and she shared a special experience she had prior to surgery last week that gave her peace. I was overcome with the feeling that I needed to share with her that she was loved by a Father in heaven who cared about her...no matter what she did or didn't do, no matter what she believed or didn't believe, and that He is ALWAYS there for her! I thought about my children, and how much I love each and every one of them, including the ones I did not bear and deliver, but keep in my heart...my children in law. It doesn't matter if they are a Primary President or if they partied too much last night and are sick from a hang over. I absolutely and totally love each and every one...absolutely and totally no matter what they do or don't do, no matter what they believe or don't believe. I pray for each of them, that they do well in a new job, or a new advancement at work. I pray that a delivery they have to make is safe. I pray that their dance recital goes well and that they have fun in the bumblebee tutu. I pray that they throw the discus further than ever before. I pray that their biology class goes well. I pray that they can get on their feet and find a new job. I pray that they can have a good time with their friends and do well on their class presentation speech. I pray that they do well in their new college adventure soon. I pray that their cut on their forhead heals and that the stitches don't hurt too much.

I have been blessed to taste just a hint of how much our Heavenly Father loves each one of us...no matter what. He loves us, and wants to hear from us. He doesn't care if we are smoking or drinking, whether we speed on the freeway, or get in a disagreement with our spouse. He doesn't care if we are perfect. He just wants to hear from us. He will answer our prayers. He does each and every day...whether we think he should or not. He is our Father. I am the mother of my children, the mother in law of my children, the grammy of my grandchildren...and I totally without any doubt love them all...no matter what.

No comments: