Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Remember!


For quite a long time, I have watched with interest as my daughters/daughter in law sit engrossed in a book. I insisted that I just wasn't a reader and that reading really wasn't something I did for enjoyment. However, this Twilight Series really piqued my interest. So, since I was going to be in a car for four and a half hours going to Vegas, I brought "Twilight" along. I read while we drove there. I read when I woke up early and my grandbabies were still asleep. I read until the sun went down on the way home. I read during my morning snack. I can't put the books down. I finished "Twilight" yesterday, and I am already over halfway through "New Moon". Now, I remember why I don't read. It's that I just can't stop, once I begin. Now, I have gotten my daily work done (only thing left for today is mopping the kitchen floor). However, I do have 25 Christmas ornaments at the tracing stage, 50 more to begin, Kate's room to "pink camouflage". What am I going to do? I need to hide the rest of the books! No, that won't work, though it is a death-defying trek just to get near Kate's bookshelf!) I am a goner, at least until "Breaking Dawn" is finished. Then, no more books for me!

3 comments:

Annie Miller said...

These books are pretty bad that way. Harry Potter is the only other series that has kept me that interested. You will love them!

Danyel said...

Welcome to the dark side. Love you mom.

Alisa said...

Sister Rice! I love finding people I know on blogspot! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the blog. Hope everything is going well for you and your beautiful family!