Saturday, September 13, 2008

Football Friday Night


I loved going to football games when I was in high school. Of course, I didn't just attend...I was in the marching band (okay, get it out of your system...I am a band geek and I love it...still am in a marching band every Fiesta Bowl Parade) Anyway, we had these heavy uniforms: green dress pants and suit jackets, and a vinyl overlay, green hat and red plume (Go, Alhambra Lions!) The beginning of the season was torture...heavy uniforms and Phoenix heat, but as the evenings cooled off, that uniform made it tolerable. I loved playing music, cheering with the cheerleaders, and just about everything. I didn't miss a home game for three years.


Now, step forward to 2008. I now have a varsity football player, and I got to go watch his team last night. Now, he is new to the team, so he didn't get a chance to play since the game was very close...went into overtime, but they lost...but it was so fun watching this schools marching band, though rather small, but full of big sound and heart, cheering with the cheerleaders. The evening wasn't even very bad...nice and cool, for Phoenix. Good company: my son, Doran, and his wife, Danyel took me. Only one thing would have made it better...my sweetheart there beside me.


Next Friday will be almost perfect...Dee will be back, it's homecoming, and our family will cheer for North Pointe Falcons!! Another football Friday night!

No comments: