Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Sweetheart


I was reading a blog yesterday. They were talking about relationships and marriage. They said to write down one thing that you would never change about your spouse, and one thing that you would change. I have been thinking of that ever since. The hardest thing, is to narrow down to just one thing I wouldn't change about Dee. I thought as I sat in the car last night waiting for Kayty to get off work. I thought this morning as I ran. Still there is not just one thing that I would never change...there are so many!
First, he has such personal integrity. He is the most honest person that I know. I know beyond any doubt that he would never lie to me. I know he always IS where he says he IS. I know he is always DOING what he says he is doing. I know that, no matter where he is in the world, and no matter who is is, or isn't with, I can trust him. That means just the world to me, and I would never change that.
Next, he is close to the Lord. I see him on his knees, both morning and night, praying. It is so very comforting to know that he is always seeking the guidance of our Heavenly Father. I know he honors his priesthood and strives to be worthy at all times to exercise that priesthood. That I would also never change.
Then, he is such a hard worker. I know my kids don't realize ALL that he has had to do, all that he has sacrificed, just so they could play baseball, dance, go on trips, do scouting, play an instrument, have a job... He is always coming up with a way to do things better, cheaper, and faster, and while he does this, it usually causes him to work many many hours, just to facilitate that. We have so much, and it is because of his hard work and sacrifice that we have had a lifestyle, in a wonderful neighborhood, that we, on paper, could NEVER afford!
There are so many more things about him that I just could not ever change about him...but that would make this posting rather long. And...the one thing I would change...maybe the dental floss that just doesn't always get to the bathroom trash ... but, there again, it is comforting to have it there, to know that he is home, not away.
To my sweetheart...Thank you for all you are, and for much, much more. I love you!

1 comment:

The Willeyes said...

You have the greatest blog posts:) I love them! You are the guest on my blog today...come check it out...and thanks for letting me share your wisdom!
Melanie:)