Monday, January 13, 2014

Two Cousins Two States One Birthday

Plans...
So glad we plan...
The reason you plan: to avoid failure.
or at least, keep the failure less costly/devastating.
Plans were: Amber gives birth to Kooper.  Suzzy cares for Kaylee all day. Suzzy leaves for hospital as soon as Ethan comes for Kaylee...
That all happened...
Then, on the way to the hospital, we received a call.
I don't remember exactly what Allison said
But all I knew is that she was having her baby nearly right then, in Las Vegas.
So, we snuggled this little bundle of joy...
Jessica is always a part of our family...hopefully soon she will be an eternal part! Anyway, she was at the hospital visiting before we got there. 

Kooper Remington Rice



My son and his baby! There is NOTHING better than this!

And I got to hold him!
All the essential oils I have been using for months worked!
You see, I didn't hold Grace (I was caring for Adam in Phoenix), I didn't hold Joshy (he was in the NICU and when he could come home, I was coming down with a sore throat), I didn't hold Kaylee (I was coming down with the worst near-death cold I have ever experienced.)
But I got to hold him...with my special "Ask Me About My Grandbabies" shirt that I wore when Adam was born...

We took Kelsie downstairs and fed her an ice cream bar and French fries.
(She did drink the juice drink I had packed, as well as the Goldfish crackers.)
What happens with Grammy and Papa, stays with Grammy and Papa.

We went home and waited for word...
I loaded up the car...and waited...
I ate chocolate chips...and waited...
Finally Mike texted:
Baby Boy Wilkins born at 8:08 P.M. 9 lbs 4 ozs
(As it turns out, this little guy was going to be born on the 13th no matter what! They had to suction him out of the southern route, since he was a planned Cesarean delivery and needed to be delivered that way)
No pics till the kids could see their brother first...which is all good.


Two healthy little boys...
Two cousins.
I imagined the two of them, being in the presence of our Heavenly Father. I imagined them playing together and having a lot of fun...and perhaps making a lot of mischief! And when it was cousin Kooper's turn, Baby Boy Wilkins became so lonely, so Heavenly Father sent him on down to earth. What would a couple of days matter!

No comments: