Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Charlie Brown's Teacher

There are just some days that I feel like Charlie Brown's teacher...You know, that "sound" (I am informed that the sound is made by a trombone with a mute in it). She responds, but Charlie, Peppermint Patty, etc. just hear vocal tones...not the words she is saying. Case in point: I had just tried a new polish on the kitchen counter. I said to Nathan, "Don't make any food on the island. I just polished it." Not even three minutes later, there is Nathan, getting bread, cheese and pepperoni out and making a sandwich, right there on the island counter top! And this is not an isolated occurance...it happens all the time. "Kate, could you dry the dishes and put them away?" Two hours later, as I am putting them away, I get a blank stare as she sits at the table on the computer. "I didn't hear you," she assures me. "Wa wa wa...wa wa"

1 comment:

Danyel said...

Im sorry if I ever do that to you. I know how iratating it is to sit there and talk to Doran just to have him ask what I was saying later on.