Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Latest Project



Nathan had grown rather tired of his baseball room (it was decorated with St. Louis Cardinal stuff...and he was an avid fan, though he was not too popular when we are a Diamondback town!) Anyway, he wanted desert camo. Now, I originally planned to just paint a few scattered splotches here and there, but it turned into a total camo job. At first, the spots, I was told, resembled those of either a cow, or a giraffe. So, I had to take a total "amoeba" approach. I painted various shaped splotches, and when someone came to check on me and began to say, "Well, that one looks like..." they were immediately expelled. I finally finished, after about 20 hours of splotching. Then, we had to figure out how to hang the wake boards...thank you to my ever resourceful husband!! I finished with the bed pillows (thank you ebay for the only piece of non-digital desert camo fabric) and it is done. He even seems to kind of like it, and that is surprising, for Nathan, especially. Through all this, I have gained a special appreciation for our military, and for those whose assignment it is to make our fighting men and their vehicles, etc. disappear!!

2 comments:

the W* family said...

You did such a good job, Mom! Adam thinks it's 'awesome'!

Stacie Aho said...

That looks great Suzy! I'm so impressed. I wish I was more artsy...