Wednesday, July 9, 2008

How Blessed Am I!

You know, this birthday thing was just not for me this year...too much baggage from years past. I have just been wallowing in self pity...what choices I should have made, etc. (Mid life crisis, hey! All I need now is a sportscar...) Anyway, I got the nicest letter today, and read the sweetest comment on a blog entry of mine. I just finished cleaning up dinner, sweeping, etc. and putting a new tablecloth on the table, and I just got to thinking about how doggone special my family is, and how blessed I am. They each bring something wonderful to my life. And I am so thankful for them.

Dee-my sweetheart, my protector, my "push me when I balk" person. He has made me better than I ever would have been on my own.
Mom-my bud. She and I talk on the phone every day...and she listens and then lets it fall away. She keeps me sane!
Allison-my optimist. She makes me always see the good, because she just never sees the bad in anyone. She has something nice to say about every thing, every situation. She is bright and beautiful and the best mom ever!! I hope to be like her someday when I grow up!
Mike-My sweet son in law, though I couldn't love him more if he were born to me. He loves my daughter. He is such a strong man. He loves my grandbabies and gives them everything, including those things that Mommy might think are not too healthy. He always tries, and quietly presses on. I know he will take my daughter to the Celestial Kingdom.
Ethan-My strength. He can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING! He has a zest for life that wish I had. He is a hard worker, a loving husband, and a great friend. He and his sweet spirit and love for all mankind are simply unforgettable. He will be a great daddy...SOMEDAY!
Cameo-My beauty. She is like the flowers that she loves. She just brings beauty wherever she goes. She always takes time to look top notch, but even when she is camping, she makes the world a beautiful place to be. She is soft and kind and dedicated. She follows through with her assignments. And, she loves my son...what a gem!
Doran-my doer. Doran is always there to do for me. I like to hike, but if I fall down, there is no way I am going to have some helicopter make a fool of me! I know I can call Doran and he will drop everything, hike up, and carry me down. And he can fix, make or do anyting. He is the best!
Danyel-My sweetheart. Her email is icanbeesweet, and that is just what she is. She always has a sweet tone to her voice. She is calming and comforting, but she knows just how to "encourage" Doran to do and be his best. She will be the one who pushes him just enough for him to take the reigns of his family and guide them to eternity.
Morgan-my pacemaker. He keeps my heart racing and my mind quick. He also brings me closer to my Heavenly Father and helps my faith to grow as I pray that he can someday find his way to the great man I know he can be.
Katelyn-my romantic and my songbird. She loves love, and she helps me to remember the beauty in all the world. It is not a sad place, as long as people love each other. Her music warms my heart and brings me joy.
Nathan-my Nephi. He always does. I know he will go and he will do what Heavenly Father wants him to. And he takes care of me when I don't think I can do something. He is handsome and smart and strong, and he makes me laugh.
Adam-my heart and my lifesaver. He showed me, from the first time I saw him, what it means to love. I felt my heart just open up when he was born. I couldn't stop staring at that sweet little baby. He makes me better. I would never, ever do anything to hurt or disappoint him!
Grace-my butterfly. I see her sweetly. silently flitting from adventure to adventure, keeping everyone on their toes. She is beauty, happiness, and she always is looking for fun...whether that fun comes by petting a fish, or feeling the cold cheese that she just dumped out of the bag onto the table. She is adventure, and she makes me smile.

There are so many more people in my life that make me better...I just need to go outside in this awful heat and help dad put rocks on the wall. But, don't you see just how blessed I am!

1 comment:

the W* family said...

You totally just made my day with what you said about me, Mike, and the kids! Thank you so much for your sweet words! Love you!