Saturday, July 5, 2008

They Made My Day




My birthdays have always been...well...interesting. I was born in Phoenix Arizona on July 4th. I never really could have parties because everyone was out of town, and I certainly do not blame them. It is doggone hot here on July 4th!! Yesterday, I woke up, exercised, and took my own annual hike at Thunderbird Park...something I just love to do. I came home all excited to invite the rest of my family to go back with me...and things just fell apart. Nathan and Dad had a disagreement last night, Dad was just angry... angry words were exchanged...he ended up going hiking, I got Nathan up and he and I went out and did yard work. Yuck! Then, later, I ended up going to a Jackie Chan movie with Dee and getting sick eating popcorn. I made dinner for whomever was not at work, and it was my typical everyone grouchy, yucky, hot day. Then, the best things happened. Cameo and Ethan came by. She was carrying a beautiful bouquet of red, white and blue flowers, complete with their own blue "fireworks" (blue flashing lights). She got me bouquets similar to this one the last two years, but with red "fireworks". Little Doran had made them so that I could add batteries each year and reuse them. So, Cameo and I set out arranging the flowers and fireworks. They came out so nice!! Then, Ethan changed into grubby clothes, and took the rats nest of wires that were my internet connection and he and Dee moved phone plugs, wires, etc. and made my family room look so much neater!!! I said that they have now completed my Christmas present as well...That made such a great difference. Thank you Dad and especially Ethan for climbing into our roasting hot attic, wading and swimming through tons of insulation to find wires that had not been located in 28 years!!


Then, I checked my email, and, to my wonderful surprise, I had been sent the very best birthday present that two grandbabies could ever, ever send a Grammy!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VXr6Hw_90k
Sharynn, Rollin and family called later to sing to me. All in all the end of the day sure made up for the awful start! Thank you to everyone.

1 comment:

Stacie Aho said...

So glad you ended up having a good birthday! You deserve to enjoy them!

Thanks for your comment. It was so hard to watch MJ go through all that they put him through, but I knew deep down it was for the best. He won't be back to nursery until August because we'll be in Utah. Hopefully he'll still like it when he comes back!!

Take care.
Stacie