Sunday, December 13, 2009

27 Years Ago Today

One week ago, yesterday, I sat in a chair in the NICU in Las Vegas, and held a precious bundle of boy, fresh from Heavenly Father! He laid there, looking into my eyes as I talked to him. It was a piece of heaven, here on earth!

This morning, I am taken back to twenty-seven years ago, today. Right about now, a dear friend, Gramma Jan Eccles, drove me to AiResearch (now Honeywell). The phone system at the entire plant was being switched to a new system, so the phones didn't work, hence JanMom driving me there. I went to the guard shack...telling them that I needed to go to the hospital. The men there went crazy, trying to reach him! (It was sooo funny...and I made sure I moaned and groaned some, just to make it look good.)Calls were made, including one with a fervent request of "this lady is going to have a baby any minute!!" The head of his building was sent to find him...and he was stuck in an elevator...I guess it was really the 13th of December! Don't know if it was a Friday, though....

Anyway, hubby took me to the hospital, and, a few hours later, we were blessed with a precious, 9 pound 9 ounce bundle of boy, fresh from Heavenly Father. I didn't get to look in his eyes right away...Dad had that honor. But I did talk to him, then, and over and over throughout the years. He is now married to our precious Cameo, who NONE of us would trade for all the money in all the world. Ethan has grown into a wonderful, honorable, hard working, dedicated man. He gives his all for everything, whether it be work, or school, or driving a younger brother home from a study session, or helping roof a shed, or trimming trees for a grandparent, or making a wish come true, or sharing his video games with everyone, or playing softball (he is on the Az Hispanic Champion Softball Team), or making a mom and dad very very proud!
He was an awesome baby, an awesome kid, and now he is an awesome adult. A piece of heaven, here on earth!!

Hard to believe, 27 years ago!! Hey, I cannot be THAT old! Ethan, happy, happy birthday. We love you very, very much!

1 comment:

More News at the Funny Farm said...

It was a Monday, so he wasn't a Friday the 13th baby. But he is still a good kid, my child born on a 13th is a good one too!
Sharynn