Friday, December 4, 2009

Never...

I have been away...road trip to Vegas, but not the kind others might think. I am here, caring for my grandbabies, while my dear sweet daughter delivers the next new little one. Joshua came on Tuesday, at 6:16 P.M., weighing 8 lbs. 2.5 ozs...a treasure with a head of dark hair (certainly not a Rice trait!) While spending some time in the NICU, he is otherwise perfect, and should get to come home in the next few days. So, I am trying to do what is done here in this blessed home, each and every day. Wake up time is in 15 minutes, so I just have a few moments for a thought or two. And, as I take a quick breath, before the fun starts, I think of all the nevers...
Never... have I had so much fun at breakfast in the morning! Yesterday, while they were eating their waffles, I got to dance and lip sync to Christmas music. I actually got laughs...not the typical teenager eye roll! So fun!
Never...have I found out how inoompetant I am at games...especially video games. Adam and I always want to play xbox when I visit, but when better playing uncles are here, I don't get the chance. He is patient, and plays for me when I don't get any points.
Never...have I been so brave. I never ever drive out of town, in other towns. I depend on Dee (and will continue to do so!!!)I just keep saying "I can do hard things!", and pray a lot....and it works!
Never...have I had to be so creative with a wonderful, bright, and adventurous 3 year old. She is the most wonderful angel...I have always called her my butterfly: she just flits from thing to thing, leaving smiles wherever she goes. Yesterday, we were at WalMart, and she spent time waving and smiling at a little baby. Then, at home, we watched Dinosaur Train, ate snacks...which she put in her shoe!...played, crunched leaves, slid on the slide...and kept her occupied and away from the packages Grammy brought from Phoenix under the tree...and she doesn't forget a thing! She asked what one pkg from Nano was, I replied that is was cocoa...thinking that she would forget. That night, she shared with Daddy the knowledge she had obtained!! No biggie, but what a memory!
Never...have I missed my hubby more! I have said that I always want to be with my grandbabies, and I do...the thing that would make this just perfect is having him here!!!
Never...have I laid down to sleep and been more tired! I don't know how Allison does it. I always THOUGHT she was amazing...and now I KNOW!!
Never...have I felt so blessed! A wonderful, supportive family carrying on at home, a brand new blessing from heaven, the greatest kids on the earth to be with morning, noon and night, reading stories, kisses and hugs, trips to school presentations, being able to do something for Allison...all in all...a great Christmas gift..early!

been had

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Mr. anonymous.

Congratulations on your new little angel (should I say little when he's 8 lbs?) Here's hoping he's out of the NICU quick-like, I know that's no fun.
It sounds like you're having fun. Take care!