Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

My final pan of sugar cookies is in the oven. Presents are wrapped (except for Dorrie's). Stockings are hung ready to fill. Packages are mailed (except for the diabetes supplies for Aunt Bonnie, and they will go to the post office, maybe today!) Monkey bread dough goes in the bread machine tonight. Tonight, the magic begins. It seems we work so hard...and then it's all over. I love the lights, the music, the happy smiles, the laughter, the wishes and dreams. I love running early in the morning and enjoying the homes of those who kindly leave their lights on all night! I want it to last forever, but I guess it wouldn't be as special, as wonderful if it were every day. So, to all you moms and dads, aunts and uncles, papas and grammys...sit back, watch, listen, and if you are far away, imagine the sights and sounds that make this time of year so special. I know that tonight, and tomorrow, I will be smiling and imagining: my grandchildren as they "open the doorway package" to see what Santa has brought them! I will listen for Kayty squealing in delight at everything! I will watch Nate as he tries to act nonchalant. I will even smile as my sweet hubby opens his stocking...a lot smaller than in years past...and guess each and every gift! I will love the hugs from Doran and Danyel, from Ethan and Cameo. I will feel so good as they open the gifts they get for the person whose name they drew. I will eat yummy things...and play fun games...and just enjoy the wonder of it all! And then I will sit in my living room, and remember...

Merry Christmas!

No comments: