Friday, December 18, 2009

What Happened???

I started out this morning, just like most Fridays...exercise, run, get ready, wake Nate and get him to school...Dee is using up remaining vacation days, so we went to a few (gross) yard sales (come on people...that is what a trash can is for!)...and then started to work on cleaning. I decided to used those Peppermint Hershey Kisses that Kayty found for me and try a new brownie recipe with them puppies in each one. Going great! Clean up, but then, I had that hot oven going, so I decided to thaw some butter, just to make some sugar cookie dough (cookies are not so much fun: Dee can't each chocolate, I shouldn't eat sugar, Nate won't eat sugar...and Kayty, well she's a diabetic who can eat all of us under the table...) But, hey, it's Christmas, so ya gotta have sugar cookies, right? Well, then I decided that Dee needed some snicker-doodle dough too. Then, since Mom and I picked Gingerbread Men for our holiday theme this year, I would make some gingerbread cookie dough, a la the Wilkins Family Cooking Blog (great recipe) I had planned on just dough, but then I saw it didn't need to chill...Dee was out to lunch with his Mom, so heck, why not get one of my many cooking duties for next week done ahead of time, so I rolled, baked and dipped (in glaze) and sprinkled a ton of ginger women and men. Okay, the mixer bowl was dirty with a spicy kinda dough, so why not finish off with an oatmeal/raisin/walnut/butterscotch and white chip dough. By two o'clock, I had Peppermint Brownie Bites in storage, Gingerbread Men and Women glazed and drying, # doughs in the fridge ready to bake...and NO ENERGY. Thank goodness my mother in law sent home a few gourmet candy corn pieces...ENERGY...now, I have cleaned our playroom (well, improved it...Morgan NEEDS to make that room up to MY standards!), cleaned out Nate's backpack, and am on to his room and the laundry...So, what happened to my "normal" schedule of gettin' things done when I am energetic, not loaded on "Candy Corn Energy"! Second plan for tonight's dinner: originally, trying a new recipe for Eggplant Parmesan...now...grill some eggplant and grey squash, make a salad with cucumbers and tomatoes, cut pineapple...hey, what happened!

No comments: