Monday, September 6, 2010

I'm Not Lazy, Hazy or Crazy!

I lost weight a few years ago...no magic bullet there: eating right, no sugar, exercise, no fast food...that kind of stuff...and work tirelessly to keep it off. I exercise every morning, 6 days a week, for an hour or more. I run 3 miles 5 days a week. I usually hate Winter, because I hate to be cold...and when I go out early in the morning and run, I often resemble this:

Summer usually is not a bother to me...until THIS year. I watch the news as I exercise, and in the lower right hand corner, I see the temperature in downtown Phoenix. Now, we usually run a few degrees cooler, but still, at 3 am, and I see 98 degrees in that lower left hand corner. In the past, I could get home, and, on a few occasions, I would get right in the pool and cool off. I didn't remember doing it that much! This year, I have been doing it almost every day. I can feel the heat radiating off my body. I dread to see that temp in the lower corner of my television screen. I dread the awful feeling I feel when I open the garage door and step outside...and feel an oven!

I was so afraid that, since turning 50 a couple of months ago, that age was going kill my efforts to keep this weight off. (People...I have realized that I am an overweight person in a thin body. I will NEVER be able to eat chocolate cake or a Whopper or milkshakes or even a real meal...I will watch every day, and exercise every day...except for Sunday) Then I saw this headline and article: "2010 Phoenix Summer Is One Of Hottest Due To Overnight Lows" I breathed a sigh of relief! At last...I am not Lazy. At last...I am not Crazy! This morning was another one...left at 90 on the tv...probably 87 out here. My last mile, I stopped and rested, and wiped the constant stream of sweat out of my eyes. I got home, changed, and jumped into the pool that really seems to cool on other occasions, but this morning, was heaven!

Oh, the Summer of 2010! You may have bruised me, but you didn't beat me! It will still be over 100 during the day till the end of October, but I saw forecasts for lows in the upper 70's later this week. Hope...

No comments: