Friday, September 3, 2010

Look What I Made!

Right now, the outside temperature is 109.9 degrees...that is at 1:24 P.M. on September 3rd! It is dang hot outside! I, for one, am sick of hot! So, I stopped at the Dollar Tree, grabbed some "cool Fall flowers", and, this morning, made this:

I got about 12 bunches of different flowers, though I did not use them all. I used clippers to clip off the blossom end, slid the leaves off, heated the glue gun, and got to work. First, I took the dollar store 14" wreath, and covered it with the leaves, though, after I finished, I probably didn't need to...nothing showed through the flowers. Then, I selected blossom after blossom, and glued them on. No problem, and I was done in about a half an hour...on the door...out the door. And, though it's meltingly hot outside, and I get to sit at a football game in this lovely warm weather, I have a piece of cool!