Monday, September 13, 2010

Warning: Braggy Mom!

I don't want to be a braggy mom. My kid is part of a super football team, win...or lose. They are the very best guys, raised by outstanding parents. Football is truly a team effort: everyone has to keep their guy from getting wherever he wants to get to, plus watch for others who need help. I used to watch my #72 on the sidelines...back and forth up the sidelines...waiting for a brief chance to get into the game. The next year, he played more, but I still had to really LOOK in the school photographer's pictures to see him: watching for "his" shoe, "his" glove. This year, his senior year, HE is one of the big guys...one of the stars. So, as I check each picture on the school website, I find him...over...and over...and over. I am totally in awe...not that he is better than anyone else, but that he is part of a group of great people, that he has great coaches that have taught, and prepared him well. And so, I look, and smile...and smile...and smile. Not proud...much! More than all...thankful...for those great guys that throw, catch, block, kick, run, and intercept, for the BEST coaches he could have for the past three years...and, most of all, for another night where EVERYONE walks off the field!


2 comments:

CB said...

Great pictures!! And I think it is totally great when they finally make it into the spotlight! You should be a proud mom, he's worked his tail off!!

Heather said...

You should be a braggy mom! You have the right to!! Good for your son! Awesome pictures!!