Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Typical Saturday

We spend Saturdays working around the yard and house, after going through a few yard sales. Here are some of the fruits of our efforts...
This is a new bread recipe...a dutch oven baked boulle. I mix the flour, salt, a little yeast, and water the night before. It sits covered for 12-18 hours. I put the dutch oven in a preheated 450 degree oven for 30 minutes, while I have formed the bread and let it rise for the same 30 minutes. I drop it in the hot dutch oven, bake it covered for 30 minutes, and then uncovered for 15. It comes out crusty, but chewy. 

Pasillo Chilis Dee grew in the garden. 

Dee tried indirect grilling over coals...and he is a convert! Loved his chicken!!!

My finished (and Dee snitched) bread...jalapeno cheddar on the left, and plain on the right. 

From our garden and chickens today


No comments: