Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day...A Day of Hard Labor

We arrived home Sunday afternoon...to a very surprised daughter, reminding us that we said we would be home after 6 pm..not 4 pm...leaving me a very "needy" house. After unpacking, four loads of laundry, putting away, I woke up waaaay too early (2:45 am) exercised, got Kayty up for work, and went out to pick tomatoes. One hour...and 225+ tomatoes later, set out on the list for the day. Mixed up bread for 3 loaves to be cooked later (they must sit for 12-18 hours). I harvested basil, cut tomatoes, cut my thumb, leaving me one-pawed, made three huge batches of pesto...and froze all 9, prepped and cleaned. Kids came...missionaries forgot...Kelsie and Doran swam...we ate...we roasted 3 chickens...we baked 3 boulles of dutch oven bread-one rosemary-feta-...we roasted tomatoes...all night. I. Was. Dead. I don't think I am going to feel like doing anything tomorrow! Today was more labor than I have ever done!!!

























No comments: