Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wish I Hadn't Have Wished!

My sister, who lives in Riverton, Utah, was talking to me on the phone the other day about shopping for food, and how she shops the case lot sales. I had never heard of them, and she was surprised that we didn't have anything like that here. Well, leave it to Fry's...their new ad features a case lot sale. So, after I dropped Nathan at his school, Kayty and I stopped at Fry's for me to experience my first case lot sale. Well, no rushes of crazed shoppers (the store is pretty empty at 7:20 A.M.) but I did get kidney and pinto beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and peanut butter. I loaded the cart up (thanks for the help Kayty!! - I am being sarcastic...at load up time, she disappeared to buy silly string), paid for my goods and we filled the jeep. I dropped her off at GCC and then returned home. Uh oh...no one home to help unload. Trip after trip later, I realized why they have these sales in Utah - lots of children to help unload. Then came the task of moving stuff around in the pantry to accomodate the new cases of food. After shifting and shifting and sweeping and sweeping (Nathan got mad a while back when a box of Reese's Puffs would not fit on the shelf, so he smashed and smashed the box until it fit, sending Reese's Puffs everywhere. There is rarely a day that I do not find a piece of that cereal here or there...on top shelf by the jello, on the floor behind the laundry soap, scrunched up next to the sacks of wheat and rice. The memory of his temper tantrum lingers on and on!!) it all fit, except for one five-gallon bucket of honey. Now, where do I need a new table....

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Ha! You always make me want to fall off of my chair laughing. Can't really do that here in the death-like quiet of my journalism class. Oh Fry's. It seems just yesterday that I worked there--it never fails to surprise.

Oh, and I miss C.C. I need to stop by soon and maybe then can catch a glimpse of her rolling in the dirt (making another kind of mess).

The Muhlesteins said...

I love the case lot sales here in utah!! It's such a bargin, and the cans come all boxed up so it's easier to move downstairs to the "buufer room"! Besides, that way we have the staples for our "usual meals" so if scott beats me home from work, he can cook dinner!