Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just Thinking....

Today has been a day of, well, I just haven't been able to get things together and get my mental list accomplished. Maybe it's because I started at 3:07 a.m. exercising, ran a mile at 3:45, finished exercising at 4:35, got Dee's lunch in his box and Nate's lunch out, breakfast muffins ready for those two and got out the door by 4:52 a.m. to go to put my Kellogg's rebate request at the post office and in line at the food bank by 5:20. Now, the line was better, and I got to visit with the sweet ladies there, got my stuff, got Nate's lunch fixings for cheap at Albertson's on the way home, stuff got put away quick. Then, my blog called. So many thoughts today...it being my Dad's birthday. I have been following blogs of a few babies: triplets that are up to 2 pounds, Stellan being able to go home. I have been thinking...thinking too much today. Thinking of those on the other side of the veil. Thinking of my dear sweet grandbaby, Charles. I was so blessed to be here when he came, and then so quickly left this earth. I got to hold his dear, angelic body in my arms...so small, and yet so perfect...up to just above his ears. He needed no more than that almost perfect body. I held an angel that September morning, almost 2 years ago. I wonder...is he there with my dad...with Danyel's dad. Were they there to welcome him? Are they all watching over us... Was he there watching for our sweet cousin Patty when she was taken by skin cancer earlier this year? Or when our dear friend Gregg left this earth so suddenly? Gregg has always been there for everything important in our lives! True friend! Does Charles know his new cousin that will come to the earth later this year? I imagine our loving Heavenly Father making that sweet baby Charles feel loved. I bet he is just as impatient as his daddy, Doran, always was. Doran kept a chart, counting...the days until Christmas...the days until his birthday...the days until a trip to the lake or hunting. I bet Charles has his own counting chart...one that he shares with his grampa and great-grampa...counting the days until we can all be together again! I bet he is there with the sisters and brothers he can be with there, but won't share the earth with. He will miss them when the time is right for them to come to the earth. I am sure he will count the days again until they return to him. I am so glad that families can be forever, that we are blessed with the temple here on earth and its sealing ordinances. I am so glad that someday, we can all be together again, and that it will be forever, eternally. Today, I miss my Daddy. I know that Heavenly Father has blessed him that the veil has been thinned, so that he could share in the marriages of his three children, in the birth of each of his 14 grandchildren, his soon to be 4 great grandchildren. I know he has shared in the triumphs, helped to carry us through the tragedies, and that he cares for the ones who have already been on this earth, and the ones yet to come...

1 comment:

Danyel said...

Mom I can not find the words to tell you just how much you have touched me. I have offen wondered if Charles is playing with his sibblings and preparing them to come to earth. It is a great comfort to me to know that Charles had a grandpa and a great grandpa waitting for his return.