Sunday, September 27, 2009

Catching Up...

Last post...before Kayty...was my great anticipation for Fall's arrival. Seems kind of a moot point, being that it was 105 yesterday and is supposed to be 108 today. Summer just won't give up! Anyway, here are the updates:
Dee's van restoration is making great progress, thanks to little Doran's expert help. He has given so much time this weekend to help Dad. And now Dad seems much more encouraged. This van's problems are not a cost issue, but a tremendous work issue. There was more rust all over than originally seen. Ethan has kindly loaned us his welder for a LONG time, and Dee and Doran have cut out rust, cut and reformed replacement metal, and then painstakingly welded in the "graft". They also had time, while Nate had a football game, to remove the old rear window from the junk parts truck and put it in Nate's truck...looks good, and saved tons by doing it themselves.
Nate's football team had a hard week: half the team (and school) sick with a virus, three kids injured (one in hospital all week for a virus, one a concussion, and one broke his ankle and is out for the season). Nate had to play for the biggest offensive and defensive lineman...did great, but with so many fill in players (seemed to have a hard time remembering the plays) so the game vs. Tempe Prep was not a good one. I never heard the score, but it wasn't good. Sad Friday night, but the Jack cheeseburger and tacos seemed to heal the wounds!
While Nate was at his game, Ethan's ward softball team needed players. So I watched as Ethan, Doran, Morgan, and Dee (yes, Dad got to play) played on the same team. It was such fun to cheer for 4 batters in a row, though hard to figure out each one's position. Dee was the only person on the team who would play first and dare to catch a throw from Ethan (he is a FANTASTIC ball player!) It was a nice evening, too...a rarity for here.
And as for me: toothache gone, root canal so perfectly done that I actually fell asleep during the process, 19 0rnaments done,
30 more under construction...
hopefully all will be done by Halloween, and I even finished one of the stackers that my honey was cutting out in May when he nearly cut his thumb off...and he cut me sheet metal for my magnetic bulleting board, once I found the BEST frame at a yard sale yesterday for just a few cents! (Bad me, also got some wonderful dishes: 16 plates, 16 salad plates, 1 serving bowl, and buffet server - white with lovely violets, for 20 bucks!...I gotta stop buying these dishes, but they are such a deal!)
Week ahead will be getting a slave cylinder for Nate's rebuild, cutting and welding for Dad's rebuild, me driving Morgan to work from college, the normal STUFF. Nate's game is another Away one- in Camp Verde. Don't know if we can go or not. And....October 1 means Halloween Decorations go up!! Now, that Oompah Loompah solar water heater guy may be in deep trouble if I can't get my stuff out of the attic!!!

No comments: