Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some Kids...

Being the mom of six wonderful kiddos, I have found many a bedtime companion hidden under the covers after they have gone to school. Some, it was a favorite stuffed animal, a favorite book...But, today, I have to admit, what I found literally topped them all. My son, preparing for his 2A school to play against a 5A school for homecoming game tomorrow night, was sleeping with a "play" crumpled by his pillows. I guess they had a new one and he had to memorize it! Now, I cannot show you a picture of said play...that would be revealing deep Falcon secrets...but it was the oddest thing! Oh, football...what changes you have wrought: the smells, the protein drinks, the odd injuries (Tesh ran into his jaw last year...almost broke it!) and now, visions of touchdowns are dancing in his head (or, rather, blocking the others so Jesse Rico can make a touchdown!)Go Falcons!! Falcon Fire!

1 comment:

gmom10 said...

Hi Suzzy. My name is Gale and I read your comments on MMM about the heartache of having some children that are not following the commandments and living the gospel. I have 5 beautiful, intelligent and successful daughters, none of whom are active in the church. One is close but the rest want nothing to do with it. I've prayed, talked, cried, etc. Finally, I was praying about it just before I read my Scriptures. Then I read 3 Nephi 22;13 and have claimed this as a promice from a loving Heavenly Father. Also Pres. Iring's talk in Conference was wonderful. Just keep on keeping on and the Lord will take care of them. God Bless you all. Gale