Friday, September 11, 2009

A Little About Me for Today

One of my first duties of the day is to check my Google Reader for the fun things on my favorite blogs. One I follow, loveinthemommyhood, gave us this challenge, and so, I am going to take it...

Making : pasta for Nate's lunch and Christmas ornaments-first 6 of 90-some are nearing completion
Cooking :As I said, the pasta is cooked. Tonight, I will make tacos and Spanish rice for dinner...Quick and easy because we have to be at Nate's game at 6 p.m. to help.
Drinking : My favorite...water!
Reading: The Chronicles of Narnia...I am on the first book...hard to get into, but I am sticking with it.
Wanting: to paint my bedroom that wonderful green color...but I need to wait for cooler weather so that they can repair the ceiling first.
Looking: at the pool in the back yard. It is a hard time of year here...too warm for outside fun, but the pool is too cold at night, for me at least, to swim.
Playing: my mp3 player
Wasting: time...I need to get so much done before I pick up Nate at noon. I will limit myself to 20 minutes, for now.
Sewing: yuck...I hate to sew, but I am going to try to make something for Gracie...maybe even for Christmas.
Wishing: Dee could find the next step to take in his career. After the outsourcing is done at his company, so is his job.
Enjoying: the air conditioner!
Waiting: for my son to wake up, shower, and go to work so I can get my stuff done
Liking: the mushrooms that are waiting for me in my fridge...great dinner salad for me!
Wondering: what is really going on. Something with someone in my family is making me feel very uneasy.
Loving: that my daughter is expecting. It is so scary to bring number three into the world...but oh, what joy awaits!
Hoping: that we get some rain this weekend. We have had clouds tease,but no rain.
Marvelling: how big all my kids are getting...my youngest is a high school junior!
Needing: some new clothes
Smelling: well, it's not pretty, but a football player in Arizona stinks, and so do his shoulder pads...time for disinfecting spray!
Wearing: denim shorts and t-shirt
Following: the website about a dear leader at church who suffered a devastating arm injury while wakeboarding last week.
Noticing: the pure blue sky.
Knowing: that I really know nothing...all I thought I knew has gone out the window...I just trust and have faith.
Thinking: of how much work it is to work in the snack shack at a varsity football game. I get to do it tonight!
Bookmarking: my place in my old scriptures. My mother in law got me new ones-large print- for my birthday and I am transferring the markings from one to another
Giggling: not much so far this morning...
Feeling: sad that my head hurt this morning, so I exercised, but I didn't run. I was so afraid of getting a bad headache!

You do it too...great to think about so many unique things!

3 comments:

Very Shannon said...

Great answers! Thanks for joining in!!! That was fun!

My Trendy Tykes said...

You have a lot going on!

90 ornaments, huh? WOW!

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

I love how interesting your posts always are and stick with the Narnia series! The last one is the best!