Wednesday, September 9, 2009

In Honor of 09-09-09

Wow...09-09-09...so easy to type! So, I thought I would honor this special day with nines of my own.

Nine Things I Will Do Today: Iron Dee's shirts; put the Creamy Italian Chicken in the Crockpot, vacuum the entire house; go to Fry's (case lot sale starts today) and get a case of tomato soup, sugar, broth, and ramen noodles; work on painting more Christmas ornaments; clean the kiddo's bathroom AFTER Morgan leaves for work; go to dollar store to see if I can find that jalapeno sauce Dee is loving right now; put my pics from Vegas on Snapfish and Walgreens; write a note to Elder Moore in the MTC.

Nine Favorite Things To Eat
(now, I don't eat these, but oh how I would love to!) Tee Pee Restaurant Green Chili Chimichanga; Jack In The Box Tacos; Sees Nuts and Chews-especially the ones with the almond toffee dipped in Chocolate and the walnut dipped in chocolate; Red Devil Pepperoni Pizza; Debbie Blake's Dinner Rolls- I could eat these until I pop!; my lasagna; Dee's Szechuan Shrimp; chocolate pancakes with whipped cream and chocolate chips on top; candy corn

Nine Places I Would Like To Visit: Las Vegas (visiting my grandbabies never gets old!), Washington D.C.; The Christmas Window Displays in New York City (this will never happen because it is too cold there for me when the windows are a-displayin');The Smithsonian; Georgia-Dee served his church mission there many years ago and I would just love to see where he was; the ocean-we used to go there so much with the kids when they were little-it never gets old!; Nauvoo, Illinois; Ireland; Monterrey, California (loved it years ago...)

Nine things I love: The Savior; my family (Dee, Allison, Mike, Adam, Grace, Ethan, Cameo, Doran, Danyel, Morgan, Kayty, Nathan!); my church (I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints);containers with labels on them; cauliflower; sugar free banana popsicles; a day that I do nothing that someone can find fault with (maybe this should be in a dream category because this NEVER happens!); menu plans-and following them!; my mp3 player-great music for cleaning and hiking: thanks Kayty and Morgan!

Nine dislikes
: okra; dishonesty - heck, I can take it...just tell me the truth!; a messy kitchen island (I have gone on about this!); Mesquite trees-they are one perpetual mess (leaves, pods, branches, they are dropping one thing or another all the time!); being hung up on; not planning, as much as possible; being found fault with all the time; black jelly beans; parallel parking.

Nine Things I Would Like To Finish: my bedroom (needs drywall repair on ceiling, that great green paint I found, French doors where the window is, new slate flooring, headboard, built in shelves); my bathroom (needs snail shower design and build, slate flooring, texture and paint-I removed that ol' wallpaper a year ago-, lighting; the pizza oven Dee is starting; Dee's 1960 Ford Panel Truck - not my project, but the stuff they get for cheap is all over the place...I sure would like it installed; Chronicles of Narnia - just haven't been reading that much; my Christmas ornaments; making plum jam- have tons of plums from food bank that I have been chopping up and freezing...just need to get off my duff and do something!; organizing/tiling the cake mix/spice/etc. shelf in the pantry; new grandbaby's Christmas stocking-when they decide the name of this sweet little boy to come, I will be able to finish it.

Nine Things I Would Like Do Before My Life is Over
: hike the Grand Canyon; learn to paint an oil or watercolor painting; serve a church mission with Dee...and would love to go to India; work in a temple that is near my house (I hope they build the one less than a mile away, but the opposition is hiring an attorney. I don't know what the problem is...temples are beautiful and only make the area better!); find my passion and then pursue it; make up for the mess ups I did when I was a young mom-my kids have a list of my screw ups, and I hope I can make it up to them someday; be in the temple with ALL of my family; have family come home and NOT load up my island counter with junk; bake good cinnamon rolls.

Boy, this took forever!! Nine is hard!



No comments: