Saturday, November 29, 2008

All I Wanted For Christmas Was...

You know, every year I have included a picture of our family with our Christmas card. We would take a pic when we were traveling, or many times, when we were up cutting down our Christmas tree. When that had to end, I tried to get all to stop what they were doing on July 4th, stand next to one another, wherever they were,wear the Old Navy shirts I got as my birthday gift and sent to them, and take a picture. That worked for a few years, but the results became less that easy as people were far apart and traveling. Then I just tried to take a pic when we were all at the family campout. Again, worked for a couple, then kids got bigger and more separated and ... well, I tried one this year...Instructions: wear jeans, any shirt your family has and take a pic together. Seemed like not a problem. I even took Allison's family, and it looked really good, even with Grace having fun while we were doing it.

Came out pretty good, I think. So, things were going okay. Then, when Allison and family were in town we tried again...family dinner, and then it poured rain! Trying to schedule time for Doran to take it, Kayty to not be at work or at school, and ...well. And then there was "What color shirt to wear?" With Kayty, the ONLY color she would even consider was black. So, we agreed. We thought to try on Thanksgiving again. Again, rain! I was crazy, so I pulled my immediate family, not the married ones, and put them in Ethan and Cameo's front yard and hoped for the best. Here is what I got:




The only way Doran got us all to look decent was to switch Nathan's head (sounds really crazy, I know, but Nate just isn't the most cooperative photo subject!) Well, I wanted green grass and a beautiful pose, but this will suffice.
Now, I need one from Doran and Danyel and Ethan and Cameo. I was about to give up, but Danyel assured me that they would do their part and Cameo was trying to take one while they are visiting some of her relatives today. Hopefully...
Now, I just wanted a Christmas card picture. I said "jeans"...a relatively painless article of clothing. I said casual...no ties or stiff poses. So what am I doing wrong?

2 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

That is funny. They aren't too bad :) I think it's funny Katy's eyes are closed in everyone of those 4 pictures. The sun must have been bright.

Happy late Thanksgiving!

Danyel said...

If you all zoom in Kates eyes are wide open. She just happens to wear a lot of eye makeup. Thus causing them to look closed. I thought the same thing until Doran Zoomed way in on just her face.