Thursday, November 20, 2008


I am thankful for warm weather. I know that it seems to be tiring that our local temps are in the upper 80's these days, but I go running very early in the morning, and I am so thankful that I can run with just sweat pants and a t shirt on. When it gets colder here, I am dressed in layer after layer...I sometimes feel like that Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from "Ghostbusters" when I go down the street! And I am thankful that I can run and hike. When I was younger, it was so hard for me to run, and I just never imagined that I would ever even be able to run 3-5 miles a day...and then to like to do it too! I am thankful for my neighborhood that is safe, so I can be out and enjoy those peaceful early hours as the world is waking up and beginning their day. I am thankful for police officers, for fire fighters, for our military and all those who give of their time, and work less than safely, so we can enjoy the things we love to do, the things we want to do and the things we need to do.
I am also thankful for family...for children who love each other and care for each other (even, sometimes, Kayty and Nathan), for a sister and brother who are good, kind, loving and caring people, for good parents who raised me well, and for a mom who continues to always be there to help me. I am also thankful for dear friends who are like family to me. I am thankful for prayers from those who love us. I can feel their strength, and it gives me courage every day. And, I am thankful that I have dear, wonderful people to pray for each day. I hope that they know that the adversities they are enduring do not go unnoticed and that we care and we love them and we want them to be able to endure the hard times they are facing and to remain steadfast, for the blessings truly will come.

1 comment:

starleen said...

I want to thank you for all you do. thank you for all the great comments the are very uplifting. i don't know yet much about responding back and adding fun things. i love you slide show that is great to watch. thanks for sharing with me i love it have a great day and ive Danyel a hug for me. Oh have fun in Cubs I am. Love Starleen