Friday, November 28, 2008

The Trees Are Up (and have been for over two weeks!!)

My aunt in Arkansas mentioned to my mom in an email that she had not seen any pictures of our Christmas decorations. So, here you go...Aunt Paula!

This is our "big" Christmas tree in our living room. We used to always go up near Flagstaff and chop down a huge tree the day after Thanksgiving, but that was before the bark beetle and drought conditions changed all that. It does not hold all my ornaments, but it does hold all our special ones.

This is my red, white and blue tree. I got it at a huge discount awhile back. It has all my patriotic ornaments on it. (me being born on the 4th of July gives me lots of gifts to hang on it.)

This is my hubby's hunting/fishing tree. He had been given so many ornaments as gifts that were various incarnations of hunters, fishermen, ducks, hunting dogs, etc. That I got him a small tree, again on sale, to fill with his special treasures. (Now, mind you, he does not participate in any decorating, though he did put one ornament on the hunting tree this year.)

These are all the stockings hung on the fireplace. I bought a few kits to make the denim embroidered stockings for Allison, Ethan and Doran. Then I made copies of the kits for Morgan, Katelyn, Nathan, Mike, Cameo, Danyel, Adam, and Grace. The small pure white one is for sweet little Charles.

Mom and I choose a theme every year, and we create our ornaments according to that theme. This year, it is nutcrackers/soldiers/drummer boys (I painted a drummer boy ornament) and I celebrate the theme here in the entryway.

I also have been blessed with a treasured collection of nativities, but they don't look as good in pics as the do in reality. Plus, I have many wonderful things I have accumulated over the years at 75% off sales as well as yard sales. I love to decorate and enjoy the wonderful memories they bring.

No comments: