Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Thankful Thursday...and on Thanksgiving, no less. I am so thankful to live in a country that has so many dedicated to keeping us safe and protected. We have been watching events unfold in India, and, though it is far away from Bangalore - where Dee has traveled - it is very frightening. I am so thankful that we have many who spend days and nights keeping us safe.

I have just finished washing five crock pots, dishes, counters, stove, and put away the left overs from our bounteous Thanksgiving feast at Cameo and Ethan's house, and I am so thankful that, though all have struggled financially through the past year, we had a plentiful meal, with good food and wonderful friends and family to share it with.

I am so thankful for refrigerators, stoves, crock pots, ovens, bread machines, food processors, and all the other wonderful conveniences that we have, that the pilgrims did not have. I don't know how they did it!!!

And, most of all, I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves all of us, and who wants only the best for us. I am thankful He has blessed me with so very much: with the most wonderful husband in the world, with an amazing famiy, with dear friends, with good health, with happiness, with peace, with things to work for, with a wonderful church to be a member of, and with His never ending love that helps me get through anything and everything. I am truly, truly blessed!

No comments: