Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's Winter at the Rices!


I just had to try to do something to make it feel like November, so, with the help of two elves, we set up my Winter Village on Saturday. (It's actually a Dept. 56 North Pole Village, but Kayty throws a fit when she loses the piano for a Christmas set up, so if I call it a Winter set up, she can't yell as loudly!) I usually dread setting it up, but Mom really wanted to help (she actually felt honored to be asked... let's say that I will "honor" her every year with helping me!!!) and Danyel made the "mistake" of coming over, so she was drafted. Let me tell you, with the help of these two "village set up machines", I got all the pieces set up, the lighting wires run, the "snow" added, the the trees "treed"...and I did it in ONE day...not 3 or 4. They are my not-so-secret weapons now...and they have no choice but to help me every year. They made my work sooooo much fun. Now, I am going to start sneaking the nativity scenes up on the living room shelves...

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I am so glad to know im not the only one gearing up for Christmas! I have been dying to get a garland (one for fall and one for christmas). We got christmas taken care of yesterday when we found a pre-lit pine one at walmart for $7! i just had to see how it looked on the half wall in my living room and we both liked it so much it's staying.