Wednesday, November 5, 2008





Nathan has never, ever liked his portrait being taken. I got a few when he was very small (and could not speak!) but, since he was around two or three, he would just throw a fit every time I even suggested a picture...That is why we don't have as many of him as we do the other five kids. I wanted a picture in his football jersey, before we had to turn it it. I researched and researched, trying to find sports photos that did not look "gay" as he calls it. Finally, I found some that I liked, and Dee helped by "encouraging" Nathan to cooperate with me...or else! Thus, I took the opportunity and tried my hand. Now, the lighting isn't that great (I would have preferred waiting a little while until the sun was down, but when Nathan is ready and cooperative, I have to go!) and my flash didn't work like I wanted it to. I have a lot to learn, but, with a guy, posing is the first battle. (See, I even got one of him smiling...that does NOT happen!)

3 comments:

Annie Miller said...

Those are good! My favorite is the 2nd one. He looks tough.

Stacie Aho said...

Good job Suzi! Way to go on getting him to take some pictures :)

Danyel said...

You are doing a great job and it took Doran three people and 30 min's to get him to smile for his eagle pic. My faves are the last two. they show the tuff side and the soft side.