Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday



Wow! Did the week just fly by!! I am already at Thursday...Thanksgiving will be here in no time!! I want the world to slow down.

I was thinking about how blessed I am that I can wake up early and exercise and run or hike every day (except Sunday). And I am so thankful that our weather is nice and cool now. It was sure getting to be a pain out sweatin' while I was running. I actually wore sweat pants, a long sleeved band shirt and a sweat shirt this morning! So nice...except for the wind.

I am also thankful that the elections are over. Though all things did not turn out the way I wanted them to, I am thankful my congressman was re-elected, and that proposition 102 passed. Those were of high importance to me. I am so thankful that we can vote our conscience in this country. We can put things on the ballot. We can write and voice our opinion. That is such a great, great blessing.

I am thankful my hubby has a job. Today, there are meetings about layoffs, and we are concerned, but I am not worried. We have a years' supply of food staples, a three month supply of food, and he has many talents, so things will be okay, either way. I am thankful that he works so hard at his job, at his dj business, around our house and yard, on the cars, on the roof, on the refrigerator, on the plumbing, and at his church calling. His many skills and his ingenuity have saved us many problems and oodles of money just in service calls.

I am thankful that there were great sales on Halloween candy at all the stores. Our family is celebrating G-Day after Christmas, when Allison and Mike and the sweet grandbabies will be in town. (G-day is Grammy Day. At first, it was going to be a day for my grandkids to come over, eat, decorate gingerbread houses, etc. But, my kids joined in, and now it is just the best day for all of us.We eat goulash, grapes, goldfish crackers, and gummy bears. Then we decorate gingerbread houses...each with its own holiday theme - whatever each family decides. The Grandkids get their own house as well.) I got tons of candy -regular, and Halloween. Plus, I got four ready baked smaller gingerbread houses on clearance...so now Adam and Grace won't have to use graham crackers. I will bake the other ones, unless someone wants a "creation" of their own. It will be so much fun with the Grandmas and Nanos, the kids, the grandkids, and maybe even cousin Curtis. (Believe me, we have plenty of decorations - from Easter, Valentines Day, Halloween, and some from Christmas, too) I am so thankful my kids love to be here and celebrate G-Day. It makes me so very, very happy!!

No comments: